Family Owned, Managed and Operated
For Three Generations,
Continuously in Gainesville, FL since 1940
Furniture That's A Joy To Live With!
Quality furniture requires only the minimum of care to provide a lifetime of enjoyment. The following are simple rules.
Wood furniture: We recommend dusting wood pieces on a regular basis with a soft lift free cloth. The most common cause of scratches is moving items across the top of a table that doesn’t a clean surface. Even a small amount of grit can cause scratches
- You need to avoid placing your wood furniture or bright colored upholstery in direct sunlight (such as a large bay window). Ultra violet light can fade colors. Red and deep Blues will fade the quickest.
- Don’t expose wood furniture to temperature or humidity extremes. These can cause wood to shirk or swell causing cracking and opening of the furniture joints.
- Dining tables need to be protected with a table pad. Avoid using plastic or vinyl plate matts directly on the table as they can trap moisture and damage the tabletop. Use water very sparingly to clean. Never leave a table pad on the table for extended period of time.
- Do not drag your furniture, lift and place; even inches can damage some items.
Upholstery: Rotate and fluff cushions and pillow periodically
- Vacuum upholstery regularly, dust grit can “grind” into fabric with normal usage and greatly reduce the life of the fabric.
- The zippers placed on cushions are easy of assembly not for customer removal to clean. Never place an upholstery cushion casing in the washing machine.
- Food stains need to be cleaned as soon as possible. Blot; do not rub across a fabric that has been stained. Blot up stains with a clean dry white cloth, do not use a damp cloth check the fabric cleaning code and follow the instructions. (It is important to know the cleaning code)